Has your photocopier or printer broken down? Do you have a service and maintenance contract? If no, then you must know the reason why you need one? As photocopiers and printers have become substantial in day to day working of an office, you need to ensure that there is a good repair and maintenance service contract in place. For expensive photocopiers and printers, it is an essential and wise move as it not only avoids the inconvenience caused in working hours due to machinery breakdown but also save you from additional service and repair costs incurred.
Reasons to get maintenance contract rather than having a DIY approach:
- Multifunctional Printers and photocopiers are complicated machines.
- Only service technicians have the expertise and training to fix them up.
- Doing it yourself without appropriate knowledge might make it a more expensive affair.
- Over a period of time, a contract costs lesser.
We hope you would be convinced by the above mentioned facts. So here we bring to you a few points which you should consider before penning down a contract.
- The service provider you are contracting should clearly mention the kind of costs he will bear. Will it be for the parts or for the service provided or both? As under the repair and maintenance contract, the provider charges a fixed monthly fees. He might charge additionally for each printout till an agreed limit.
- The amount of fee you are paying towards the contract is on what basis. It should be clearly fixed whether it is on the volume of usage or if it is a fixed amount that covers any and every issue. The amount of fee charged is high for machines with high volume of usage and low for lower copier limits.
- The time within which the service provider will provide a technician for the repair. A good service provider shall promise a guaranteed response time. The response time can be arrived at with mutual consent and on the basis of least disruption of effective working hours due to any fault in the machine.
- The things that are included in the package for which you are paying the monthly fee should be clearly known. It means that does the contract include the provision for consumables like ink and toner etc. or they are charged separately? Moreover a contract also stipulates the assumption of responsibility. Depending on the service provider he should clearly mention what costs he assumes to bear/pay: the cost of parts or the labour?
You should sign up with a reputed and faithful printer repair and maintenance service provider who provides you with timely, quality service that too without any surprise costs. A good repair and service provider does not only keeps you calm inspite of sudden machine breakdown but also relieves you from incurring unexpected cost of parts and renders reduced disruption at your workplace due to lengthy repairs.
We, at MilkMan Toner Company have the most trained and experienced technicians who would love to take care of your photocopier, printer and multifunctional printer.